A representative office is an office established by a company or a legal entity to conduct marketing and other non-transactional operations (monitoring, representation and protection of interests of the parent company), generally in a foreign country where a branch office or subsidiary is not warranted.
Main characteristics of a representative office established in Greece
- A legal representative (granted with a greek registration number) has to be apointed by the parent company.
- A representative office is not allowed to generate profit.
- The parent company is fully liable for the debts of the representative office.
- It lacks legal personality.
- It needs greek tax registration number
- It has limited tax obligations (tax reports, bookkeeping)
We strongly recommend this type of establishment in cases where a european or non european company wants to monitor the greek market before take the decision to step in or in cases where a european or non european company wants to promote locally its services (i.e. foreign colleges) or products or in cases where they want to monitor their contractors in Greece.
For any further information you may need pls e-mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org